Academic Press (August 9, 2022)
Maulin P. P Shah
978-0323905138, 978-0323905251, 9780323905138, 9780323905251
Application of Biofilms in Applied Microbiology – Original PDF
Application of Biofilms in Applied Microbiology gives a complete overview on the structure, physiology and application of biofilms produced by microbes, along with their potential application in biotechnology. Sections cover new technologies for biofilm study, physiology of microorganisms in biofilms, bacterial biofilms, biofilm development, and fungal biofilms, summarizing various technologies available for biofilm study. Subsequent chapters describe biofilm developments with Bacillus subtillis, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas putida, along with several chapters on the study of microbial biofilm and their advantages and disadvantages in the area of environmental biotechnology.
The book closes with a chapter on the rapid development of new sequencing technologies and the use of metagenomics, thus revealing the great diversity of microbial life and enabling the emergence of a new perspective on population dynamics.
- Summarizes various technologies available for biofilm study
- Describes the physiological study of bacteria, fungi and algae present in biofilms
- Provides the potential parameters on biofilm development
- Gives insights on the ability to construct and maintain a structured multicellular bacterial community that critically depends on the production of extracellular matrix components
- Reveals the rapid development of new sequencing technologies and the use of metagenomics, the great diversity of microbial life, and the emergence of a new perspective on population dynamics