Elsevier; 4th edition (September 12, 2022)
Michael S. Delbridge MB ChB(Hons) MD FRCS (Vascular), Wissam Al-Jundi MBBS MSc MEd MBA FRCS (CCST)
978-0702085406, 978-0702085413, 9780702085406, 9780702085413
Basic Science for the MRCS: A revision guide for surgical trainees – Original PDF
A concise revision guide to the core basic sciences for all surgical trainees preparing for Part A of the Intercollegiate MRCS examination. Covering the essential facts for anatomy, physiology and pathology, with indications of both their clinical relevance and importance. Focusing on the recurring examination themes for initial surgical training, this title is designed for the basic surgical trainee as well as proving useful for those in higher surgical training and for the surgically-inclined, well-motivated student.
- Covers the essentials of the basic sciences – anatomy, physiology and pathology – for the MRCS examination.
- Explains the application and clinical relevance of the three sciences.
- Bulleted text for easy reading and rapid exam preparation.
- Focused on the common themes of the examination.
- Clear annotated line drawings to aid learning.
- 250 new online single-best answer questions in the format of the MRCS Part A examination. Each answer will refer back to text for further reading as required.
- New OSCE ‘Clinical scenarios’ at the end of every chapter.