Saunders; 4th edition (December 29, 2021)
Denny Meyer, Katie. M Boes, Rose E. Raskin
978-0323683685, 9780323683685, 978-0323683692, 9780323683692
Canine and Feline Cytopathology : A Color Atlas and Interpretation Guide – Original PDF
Canine and Feline Cytopathology: A Color Atlas and Interpretation Guide, 4th Edition provides a comprehensive overview of diagnostic cytopathology for companion animals,covering all body systems and fluids. Rapidly resolve diagnostic challenges with this guide to specimen collection and evaluation, featuring more than 2,400 photomicrographs that show cytology of normal structures to contrast and support identification of cytopathology of inflammatory, hyperplastic, and neoplastic lesions. Enhancements to this edition include hundreds of new images with crisper quality and truer colors; new chapters on the pancreas and ear; updated, contemporaneously referenced information for all chapters; expanded listing for neoplastic and infectious disease testing, quality assurance, and reporting; and access to a fully searchable enhanced eBook with new print purchase. Written by seasoned veterinary cytopathologists and award-winning educators Rose Raskin, Denny Meyer, and Katie Boes, with contributions from 20 international experts, this reference offers clear, practical guidelines to sampling procedures, slide preparation, and interpretation leading to diagnoses and/or classification of the cytopathologic findings. Anticipate the expected and expect the unexpected with this atlas, which vividly illustrates the expected cytologic elements associated with the organ system and provides abundant examples of unexpected cytopathologic findings.
- Comprehensive coverage of all body systems and body fluids emphasizes the application of aspirate biopsy cytopathology for greatest diagnostic impact.
- Exceptional-quality, full-color photomicrographs include detailed figure legends.
- Helpful hints for improving specimen quality are provided in discussions of common errors and problems, resulting in more diagnostically effective, cost-effective use of cytopathology.
- Discussions of clinical findings, differential diagnostic considerations, and the rationale are included for the final cytopathological diagnosis.
- Additional photomicrographs in organ system chapters demonstrate the histological or histopathologic corollary of cytopathologic findings.
- Easy-to-use, well-organized format includes many tables, algorithms, boxes, and Key Point callouts for at-a-glance reference.
- Clear, concise descriptions include sampling techniques, slide preparation and examination, and guidelines for interpretation, leading to accurate in-house and commercial laboratory diagnosis.
- Extensively revised organ system-based chapters include focused contemporary references.
- NEW! 700 crisp, all-new images more closely match the colors representative of the actual microscopic view.
- NEW! Expanded content combines coverage of the exocrine and endocrine pancreas and adds a new emphasis on the ear, specifically otic sample collection and cytopathology.
- NEW! All-new appendices provide quick reference to infectious agents, immunocytochemistry, reporting, molecular and immunologic testing, quality assurance, and more.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook is included with each new print purchase, providing access to a fully searchable text online — available on a variety of devices.