American Academy of Pediatrics; 1st edition (May 15, 2020)
Dr. William Robert Morrow MD
: 978-1581104851, 978-1581103182, 9781581103182, 9781581104851
Challenging Cases in Pediatric Cardiology – Original PDF
This valuable reference features 35 cases to help primary care physicians in diagnosing and treating children with common and uncommon cardiac conditions. Cases are grouped by treating location: office, nursery, emergency department, and pediatric intensive care unit.
Following the case presentation, each chapter follows the steps of: differential diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and discussion. Valuable pearls of information are included, as well as “Practice Points,” which is a quick refresher on the key issues presented in the case.
- Refractory Supraventricular Tachycardia and Hypotension
- Cyanosis Without a Murmur
- Enlarged Cardiac Silhouette on Chest Radiography
- A Loud Murmur in a Neonate Without Symptoms
- Small Heart with “White Out” on Chest Radiograph
- Cardiac Arrest in an Adolescent
- Recurrent Seizure and a Family History of Sudden Death
- Wide QRS Tachycardia and Heart Failure
- Wheezing and Recurrent Pneumonia
- And more…