Elsevier (July 22, 2022)
True PDF (With TOC & Index)
978-0323824781, 978-0323824798, 9780323824781, 9780323824798
Diagnosis and Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease: A Multidisciplinary Approach – True PDF+Toc+Index
The only reference wholly dedicated to this complex topic, Diagnosis and Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease: A Multidisciplinary Approach provides authoritative, must-have information on the disease processes affecting the mitral valve, interpretation of diagnostic studies, and medical, transcatheter, and surgical treatments needed for mitral valve repair. Using a multidisciplinary approach, Drs. Scott Goldman and William Gray oversee a “who’s who” team of contributing authors who offer a holistic view of the modern treatment of mitral valve disease for today’s cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, and other cardiac team members.
- Includes foundational chapters on anatomy and pathophysiology of the mitral valve—critically important topics when treating multiple complex and highly dynamic structures that function as a single unit.
- Covers diagnostic tools, medical treatments, surgical therapies, and transcatheter therapies, and provides tips for developing a successful mitral valve program (with baseline thresholds, common pitfalls, and a checklist for hospitals).
- Uses an accessible, quick-reference format that features takeaway chapter openers, bulleted key points, end-of-chapter summaries, a common nomenclature and glossary of terms, key references, and ample line drawings, photographs, tables, charts, and graphs throughout.
- Incorporates the essential role of imaging in structural transcatheter interventions, including echocardiography and transcatheter edge-to-edge repair (TEER), and their uses in diagnostic work-up, procedural planning, intra-procedural guidance, and follow-up.
- Features dozens of procedural videos, including transthoracic echocardiogram; cardiac MRI for mitral regurgitation; transcatheter mitral valve repair; transcatheter valvuloplasty; percutaneous mitral valve interventions; MitraClip™ positioning; and many more.