Wiley-VCH; 1st edition (January 9, 2023)
Ge Qu, Manfred T. Reetz, Zhoutong Sun
978-3527350339, 9783527350339, 9783527836871, 9783527836888, 9783527836895
Enzyme Engineering: Selective Catalysts for Applications in Biotechnology, Organic Chemistry, and Life Science – Original PDF
An authoritative and up-to-date discussion of enzyme engineering and its applications
In Enzyme Engineering: Selective Catalysts for Applications in Biotechnology, Organic Chemistry, and Life Science, a team of distinguished researchers deliver a robust treatment of enzyme engineering and its applications in various fields such as biotechnology, life science, and synthesis. The book begins with an introduction to different protein engineering techniques, covers topics like gene mutagenesis methods for directed evolution and rational enzyme design. It includes industrial case studies of enzyme engineering with a focus on selectivity and activity.
The authors also discuss new and innovative areas in the field, involving machine learning and artificial intelligence. It offers several insightful perspectives on the future of this work.
Readers will also find:
- A thorough introduction to directed evolution and rational design as protein engineering techniques
- Comprehensive explorations of screening and selection techniques, gene mutagenesis methods in directed evolution, and guidelines for applying gene mutagenesis in organic chemistry, pharmaceutical applications, and biotechnology
- Practical discussions of protein engineering of enzyme robustness relevant to organic and pharmaceutical chemistry
- Treatments of artificial enzymes as promiscuous catalysts
- Various lessons learned from semi-rational and rational directed evolution
A transdisciplinary treatise, Enzyme Engineering: Selective Catalysts for Applications in Biotechnology, Organic Chemistry, and Life Science is perfect for protein engineers, theoreticians, organic, and pharmaceutical chemists as well as transition metal researchers in catalysis and biotechnologists.