Springer Publishing Company; 12th edition (March 1, 2020)
FAAN Fontenot, Holly B., PhD, RN, WHNP-BC, WHNP-BC Fantasia, Heidi Collins, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC Harris, Allyssa L., PhD, RN
Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in Gynecologic Settings, Twelfth Edition – Original PDF
Delivers the latest evidence-based guidelines you need to ensure excellence in clinical practice!
Now in its 12th edition, this authoritative resource continues to represent the gold standard for nursing management of common gynecological conditions for women throughout the life span. It includes contributions from prominent specialists focusing on specific areas of gynecological health, in addition to the vanguard contributions of three new lead Editors with decades of experience in varied health care settings.
The 12th edition is substantially updated with pivotal topics, current evidence-based practice guidelines, real-life case studies, and improved patient teaching materials that foster translation of information to practice. Clinical guidelines, appendices, and bibliographies are extensively revised to reflect the most current evidence-based information, research, and consensus from national health organizations. For qualified instructor’s, new PowerPoint slides and a transition guide for the 12th edition are included for ease of use in educational programs.
New and Revised Chapters:
- New section on women’s health: adolescents, sexual and gender minority persons, and individuals with mental health considerations
- Updated breast and cervical cancer screening guidelines
- Acute and chronic gynecologic conditions
- STIs and prevention and management of HPV-associated cancers
- Perimenopause and postmenopausal care
- Evidence-based guidelines, empirically proven to improve patient outcomes
- Outline format ensures quick and easy access to essential information
- Updated bibliography for each guideline, including relevant websites with additional resources
- Online access to seven appendices presenting updated clinical resources, assessments, and screening tools
- Two expanded chapters include online access to case studies and EMR education templates to facilitate student learning
- New PowerPoint slides for ease of use by qualified instructors
- Transition guide to assist instructors in incorporating new edition content into their courses