Demos Medical; 1st edition (September 29, 2020)
MD Alyea, Edwin P., III, MD Glotzbecker, Brett E., MD Ho, Vincent T., PhD Nageshwar, Prashant, MD
978-0826139931, 9780826139931, 9780826139948
Handbook of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Management – Original PDF
Handbook of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Management provides an evidence-based practical guide for clinicians and practitioners who treat cancer patients with these challenging and innovative techniques. The handbook begins with chapters on autologous transplantation for myeloma and lymphoma and allogenic transplantation for leukemia, lymphoma, and myelodysplastic syndrome. Further chapters cover the standards of care for managing adverse events related to acute graft-versus-host disease, chronic graft-versus-host disease, infections of bacterial, fungal, and viral nature, lymphoproliferative disease, pulmonary complications, renal complications, and more clinical issues. Concluding chapters address new CAR T-cell therapies, including their mechanisms of action, indications, and unique associated toxicities, in addition to a chapter dedicated to biostatistics and clinical trials. Throughout the book, extensive tables, flow diagrams, and other figures highlight, simplify, and illustrate key concepts.
Written by experienced clinicians at the world-renowned Dana Farber Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School in Boston as well as leading experts at other institutions, this stem cell transplantation handbook combines the clinical knowledge, expertise and practical application of these potential life-saving cell therapies in one quick, point-of-care reference. With real-world clinical vignettes interwoven among the chapters, this handbook is an essential resource for anyone managing patients being treated with stem cell transplantation or cellular therapies.
- Provides latest insights and recommendations for managing challenging treatment complications and adverse events
- Consolidates key information such as diagnosis criteria, disease staging, common complications, and more using detailed tables and diagrams
- Shares real-world clinical vignette examples, which provide insight into clinical assessment, treatment, and management
- Emphasizes patient management and best practices
- Discusses short- and long-term risks for stem cell transplantation and cellular therapy