Elsevier; 2nd edition (April 13, 2023)
S. David Hudnall
978-0323595834, 978-0323595858, 9780323595834, 9780323595858
Hematology : A Pathophysiologic Approach – Original PDF
Gain a foundational understanding of complex hematology concepts with this thoroughly revised text. Hematology: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 2nd Edition, a volume in the?Mosby Physiology Series,?explains the fundamentals of this multi-faceted area in a clear and concise manner. It offers masterful explanations of hematopoiesis, immunology, hemostasis, hemoglobinopathy, metabolic disorders, genetics, and neoplasia from S. David Hudnall, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Yale University School of Medicine. Prof. Hudnall, who has practiced laboratory hematology and hematopathology for more than 30 years, has taught the principles of hematology to thousands of pre-medical undergraduates and medical students. Rich, clinically oriented coverage from cover to cover makes this text an ideal, problem-based way to learn about this complex subject.
- Offers an accessible yet thorough understanding of hematolymphoid physiology and pathophysiology, helping you easily master the material in a systems-based curriculum?with learning objectives, Clinical Concept boxes, highlighted key words and concepts, chapter summaries, and end-of-chapter review questions.
- Clearly explains interrelationships between the diverse factors that can give rise to disease.
- Covers a wide range of subjects, including platelets and coagulation, transfusion medicine, cytotoxic chemotherapy, infections, the immune system, and bone marrow transplantation.
- Shows how hematologic disorders are evaluated through blood counting, histopathology, immunohistochemistry, cytogenetics, and coagulation testing.
- Features 150 full-color photomicrographs to help you visualize a wide spectrum of hematologic pathology.