Academic Press; 1st edition (January 22, 2021)
Asghar Aghamohammadi, Hassan Abolhassani, Nima Rezaei, Reza Yazdani
978-0128210284, 978-0128231890, 9780128210284, 9780128231890
Inborn Errors of Immunity: A Practical Guide – Original PDF
Awareness among clinicians about PIDs, which consist of more than 400 different entities, plays an important role in ensuring that patients receive a timely diagnosis. Furthermore, clinicians who are educated about PIDs can give their patients access to optimal management of their condition, thus helping the patient achieve a better quality-of-life and long-term prognosis.
Inborn Errors of Immunity: A Practical Guide provides the most up-to-date information for busy students, nurses, clinical residents, practicing physicians, and even basic researchers. Readers will benefit from a well-structured breakdown of complicated PID diseases, including approaches to their clinical signs/symptoms and immunologic/laboratory findings.
- Presents valuable contribution of more than 40 expert chapter authors, from top centers spanning five continents, each in a specific PID field
- Covers various aspects of PID using updated clinical guidelines and standard stepwise pipelines
- Focuses on the latest developments in the molecular diagnosis and pathogenesis of diseases, with easy explanation and schematic representation of defective signaling pathways
- Includes dedicated sections for clinical features and immunological tests with carefully-curated figures of PID manifestations, imaging, and histological/pathological illustrations to create the first PID medial-color atlas
- Summarizes the updated conventional and specific treatments and follow-up notes for different PID diseases