Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (January 9, 2023)
Camilo A. Gomez, Eduardo J. de Marchena
978-1119807810, 9781119807810, 9781119807827, 9781119807834
Mastering Structural Heart Disease – Original PDF
MASTERING STRUCTURAL HEART DISEASE
A COMPREHENSIVE AND IN-DEPTH GUIDE TO MANAGING THE TREATMENT OF STRUCTURAL HEART DISEASE
In Mastering Structural Heart Disease, a team of distinguished experts in interventional cardiology deliver a complete and robust explanation of nearly all present-day structural heart disease devices, their appropriate uses, and technical tricks to help ensure treatment success. The text is written in a Socratic, “question-and-answer” format which is designed to help readers absorb and retain knowledge. Online clinical cases and vignettes supplement the material in the book, providing a comprehensive overview of the subject.
The authors combine the latest techniques, devices, clinical research trials, future directions, and innovation ideas into a single, practical, and accessible study and practice resource. From transcatheter valvular interventions, interventions for selected adult congenital structural diseases, and a variety of other cardiac disorders that require intervention, readers will find coverage of the treatment of virtually every structural disease they’re likely to encounter in practice. They’ll also find:
- A thorough introduction to structural interventions for the aortic valve, including the natural history, hemodynamic assessment and transcatheter interventions
- Comprehensive explorations of structural interventions for the mitral valve, including imaging assessment and procedural planning with dedicated imaging tools prior to mitral valve edge to edge repair and transcatheter mitral valve replacement
- Practical discussions of structural interventions for the tricuspid and pulmonic valves, including intraprocedural imaging, devices and techniques
- Extensive treatments of structural interventions for the left atrial appendage and management of perivalvular leaks
- Complete discussion of the latest devices and techniques for pulmonary embolism interventions, renal denervation and mechanical support for structural interventions
Perfect for interventional cardiologists, general cardiologists, and cardiac surgeons, Mastering Structural Heart Disease will also earn a place in the libraries of fellows in training and internists seeking a comprehensive guide to the management of structural heart disease.