LWW; Fourteenth edition (July 8, 2021)
Dr. James M. Noble MD MS CPH FAAN, Elan D. Louis MD MS, Stephan A. Mayer MD
978-1975141226, 9781975141226, 9781975141240
Merritt’s Neurology 14th Edition – Original PDF
For more than 60 years, Merritt’s Neurology has remained a trusted landmark text in clinical neurology, providing unparalleled guidance on neurologic protocols, treatment guidelines, clinical pathways, therapeutic recommendations, and imaging. The fourteenth edition reflects the state of today’s practice, with fully updated content and timely new sections and chapters. With this edition, Dr. James Noble joins Drs. Elan Louis and Stephan A. Mayer as co-editor, all of whom trained at Columbia University where Dr. H. Houston Merritt wrote the initial editions of this book. Lauded for its comprehensive coverage, colorful and dynamic visual style, readability, and ease of use, this up-to-date reference is ideal for neurologists, primary care physicians, and residents alike.
- Contains more than 150 succinct chapters that offer essential information on signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, and neurologic disorders of all etiologies.
- Includes a new section on the global burden of neurological disease, coverage of neurological implications of COVID-19, and new chapters covering:
- Sepsis associated encephalopathy
- New treatment modalities of previously incurable disorders, including inherited neuromuscular diseases
- New treatments with improved efficacy and tolerability in acute stroke and multiple sclerosis, among others
- Incorporation of new emerging and established biomarkers into practice
- Helps you quickly navigate the text and easily visualize neurologic topics with a vivid, highly illustrated, full-color format throughout. Many figures and tables have been incorporated throughout the text for quick reference.
- Electronic versions of the book will feature a series of new “Need to Know Neurology” video clips that focus on key take-home messages.
- The textbook can also be bundled with Merritt’s Neurology Board Review, a forthcoming companion book with over 500 sample board review questions and answers.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.