Elsevier; 11th edition (July 9, 2022)
Ashley Garneau PhD RN, JoAnn Zerwekh MSN EdD RN
978-0323810159, 978-0323810166, 978-0323829618, 9780323810159, 9780323810166, 9780323812245, 9780323829618
Nursing Today : Transition and Trends – Original PDF
Make a smooth transition from nursing school into the practice setting with Nursing Today, 11th Edition!With this book, you will gain a solid understanding of the issues and trends that affect the nursing profession. Not only will you graduate with patient care skills, but you will advance your career with insights into writing a resume, interviewing, finding a job, and obtaining specialty certifications. This edition takes a deeper look into topics such as workplace bullying, conflict management, cultural and spiritual awareness, and the new question types found on the Next Generation NCLEX® examination. Written by well-known nursing educators JoAnn Zerwekh and Ashley Zerwekh Garneau, this easy-to-read text prepares you for success on the NCLEX-RN® exam and in professional nursing practice.
- Thorough coverage prepares you for a professional career with an introduction to historical and present-day nursing as well as legal, ethical, political, and workplace issues.
- Learning objectives, humorous cartoons, and a pithy quote introduce the content in each chapter.
- Critical Thinking boxes ask you to apply your knowledge to the practice setting.
- Coverage of QSEN competencies addresses effective communication, team building, evidence-based practice, patient safety, and quality assurance.
- Tips for transitioning into the workplace are included in chapters such as NCLEX-RN® Exam and the New Graduate, Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes, and Interviewing; and Mentorship, Preceptorship, and Nurse Residency Programs.
- Career advancement tools include time management, communication and delegation, how to write an effective resume, interviewing tips, guidelines for using social media, attaining certification in a nursing specialty, and self-care strategies.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize practice Issues, implications for nursing practice, and the references for the evidence.
- Research for Best Practice boxes highlight the research evidence that supports clinical practice.