Elsevier; 4th edition (November 22, 2022)
Kevin O. Leslie, Mark R. Wick, Maxwell L. Smith
978-0323795470, 9780323795470, 9780323795487
Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach – Original PDF
Part of the in-depth and practical Pattern Recognition series, Practical Pulmonary Pathology, 4th Edition, helps you arrive at an accurate diagnosis by using a pattern-based approach. Leading diagnosticians in pulmonary pathology offer practical assistance in identifying all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs, guiding you from a pathological pattern through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations capture key morphologic patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions and assist in the interpretation of complex diagnostic puzzles. A unique “visual index” at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact chapter and specific page you need for in-depth diagnostic guidance.
- Helps you quickly recognize the vast variety of appearances of the lung that result from infections, tumors, and tumor-like lesions, both malignant and benign.
- Discusses advances in molecular diagnostic testing, its capabilities and its limitations, including targeted/personalized medicine.
- Incorporates clinicopathologic background and relevant data from ancillary techniques (immunohistochemistry, cytogenetics, and molecular genetics), giving you the tools you need to master the latest breakthroughs in diagnostic technology.
- Covers the latest TNM staging and WHO classification systems, as well as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, newly described variants, and new histologic entities.
- Color-codes patterns to specific entities, and summarizes key points in tables, charts, and graphs so you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of new co-editor, Dr. Maxwell L. Smith.