Mosby; 10th edition (August 18, 2019)
Jeanette Lancaster, Marcia Stanhope
978-0323582247, 978-0323756938, 9780323582247, 9780323611114, 9780323676953, 9780323756938
Public Health Nursing – Original PDF
Ensure you have a solid understanding of community and public health nursing with this industry standard text! Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, 10th Edition provides up-to-date information on issues such as infectious diseases, natural and man-made disasters, and healthcare policies affecting individuals, families, and communities. This new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect current data, issues, trends and practices presented in an easy-to-understand, accessible format. Additionally, real-life scenarios show examples of health promotion and public health interventions. Ideal for BSN and Advanced Practice Nursing programs, this comprehensive, bestselling text will provide you with a greater understanding of public health nursing!
- Focus on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses boxes give examples of how quality and safety goals, knowledge, competencies and skills, and attitudes can be applied to nursing practice in the community.
- Healthy People boxes highlight goals and objectives for promoting the nation’s health and wellness over the next decade.
- Linking Content to Practice boxes provide examples of the nurse’s role in caring for individuals, families, and populations in community health settings.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes illustrate the use and application of the latest research findings in public/community health nursing.
- UNIQUE! Separate chapters on healthy cities, the Intervention Wheel, and nursing centers describe different approaches to community health initiatives.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels.
- End-of-chapter Practice Application scenarios, Key Points, and Clinical Decision-Making activities promote application and in-depth understanding of chapter content.
- UPDATED Content and figures reflect current data, issues, trends, and practices.
- How To boxes provide you with practical application practice.
- NEW! Check Your Practice boxes added throughout feature scenarios and discussion questions to promote active learning.