Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (March 10, 2023)
Padmini Varadarajan, Ramdas G. Pai
978-1119814948, 9781119814948, 9781119814955, 9781119814962
Cardiology Board Review – Original PDF
Multiple choice question-and-answer book for cardiologists at all levels, now updated to include 100 new questions covering additional topics
Cardiology Board Review, Second Edition is a multiple-choice question-and-answer study aid that is written for the primary purpose of helping candidates prepare for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) subspecialty certification. The questions address all areas of cardiology, some of which include: physical examination, ECG section with high resolution images, non-invasive and invasive imaging, myocardial diseases, and more.
Each of the 1,400 questions is followed by four answers to choose from and the discussions address not only the rationale behind picking the right choice, but also fills in information around the topic so that important key concepts are clearly laid out. This helps candidates to prepare for the test, while also developing a clear understanding of various aspects of cardiology, including diagnosis and management.
Written by two highly experienced authors in the field of healthcare, Cardiology Board Review, Second Edition covers topics such as:
- History and physical examinations, electrocardiography, chest x-rays in cardiology, stress testing and risk stratification of asymptomatic subjects, and echocardiography
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, cardiac computed tomography, cardiac catheterization, acute coronary syndromes, and chronic coronary artery disease
- Heart failure, transplant, left ventricular assist devices, pulmonary hypertension, cardiomyopathies, hypertension, and diabetes mellitus
- Lipids, valvular heart disease, adult congenital heart disease, pericardial diseases, aortic diseases, and cardiac arrhythmias
- Pacemakers and defibrillators, cardiac masses, systemic disorders affecting the heart, and heart disease and pregnancy
Providing comprehensive coverage of all relevant subjects and offering the easy-to-understand “why” behind the answer to each question, this second edition of Cardiology Board Review is an essential study resource for fellows in training, practicing cardiologists, and those preparing for ABIM subspecialty board in cardiology.