Elsevier; 1st edition (July 29, 2020)
Original PDF + MP4 – Complete Videos
978-0323545983, 978-0323545990, 9780323545983, 9780323545990
Complications in Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine – Original PDF+Videos
One of the hallmarks of a master surgeon is the ability to navigate a wide variety of inevitable difficult situations in surgery, whether errors in judgment, technical mistakes, or unavoidable outcomes. Complications in Orthopaedic Surgery is a new series designed to provide real-world guidance on recognizing and avoiding errors, as well as how to “course-correct” during surgery. In this inaugural volume dedicated to sports medicine surgery, series editor Dr. Stephen R. Thompson and Dr. Matthew Schmitz describe and demonstrate practical solutions that are integral to improving patient outcomes.
- Covers a wide variety of procedures, including meniscus repair and transplantation, revision ACL reconstruction, pediatric ACL surgery, cartilage surgery in adults and children, knee osteotomies, acromioclavicular surgery, hip arthroscopy, and much more.
- Describes and offers solutions to the most common or most devastating errors and complications in the practice of sports medicine surgery, combining the breadth of knowledge of academic
- surgeons with the in-the-trenches skills of community surgeons.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, standardized chapter format that covers preoperative errors, intraoperative issues, and postoperative complications.
- Includes procedural video clips to reinforce discussions in the text.
- Features a full-color design with numerous photographs, radiographs, and illustrations.