Elsevier (December 29, 2022)
Joshua Jones, Kavita Dharmarajan, Neha Vapiwala
978-0323876889, 978-0323876896, 9780323876889, 9780323876896
Palliative Radiation Oncology – Original PDF
Offering practical, comprehensive coverage of the many nuanced technical and clinical aspects of this growing field, Palliative Radiation Oncology provides up-to-date clinical guidance in a thorough yet concise manner. In an easy-access format, it integrates basic science, pathologies, and research with clinical applications, covering different ways to approach problems, tumor assessment, precise target definition, and dosing-specific guidelines to minimize side effects/toxicities while balancing with desired outcomes.
- Discusses optimal communication skills for pediatric, adult, and elderly patients.
- Contains decision-making algorithms to guide individualized palliative radiation oncology treatment plans.
- Reviews all the latest modalities with technical tips and pitfalls.
- Covers key procedures such as external beam radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, stereotactic body radiation therapy, and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Features step-by-step body site-specific guidelines with integrated symptom and toxicity management.
- Covers symptom and symptom-cluster management, including pain and psychosocial or spiritual distress.
- Ideal for radiation oncology residents, fellows, and practitioners, as well as medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, oncology nurses, and radiation technicians—all clinicians who work in this highly collaborative, team-based specialty.