Elsevier; 2nd edition (December 16, 2021)
Aziz Sheikh, Gurjit K. Khurana Hershey, Robyn E O'Hehir, Stephen T Holgate
978-0323809122, 9780323809122, 9780323809139
Allergy Essentials – Original PDF
Perfect for clinicians in both primary and secondary care settings, Allergy Essentials, 2nd Edition, covers the information you need most in your daily practice, with a strong emphasis on disease diagnosis and management. In one concise, convenient volume, it covers all common allergies in children and adults, offering authoritative content from the world’s leading allergy experts in conjunction with primary care/family practitioners for a practical, balanced approach. You’ll find up-to-date information on everything from basic immunology and physiology to new medications, new therapies, and individualized treatment options, allowing you to confidently integrate these changes into your practice.
- Offers a practical approach to evaluation, differential diagnosis, and treatment of allergic disorders, focused specifically on what the non-specialist needs to know for everyday practice.
- Includes new content on allergen-specific immunotherapy as well as a new chapter on precision medicine.
- Covers the most recent allergy tests, including blood tests, and includes current discussions of biologicals as therapeutics.
- Provides focused, relevant information on basic immunology and physiology, epidemiology, and allergens.
- Begins each chapter with ahandy summary of key concepts to help you quickly identify important information.
- Authored by the same internationally recognized experts that produce Middleton’s Allergy, the definitive text in the field.
- An ideal resource for primary care providers who are increasingly seeing and treating patients with allergic conditions as well as allergists who need a concise and current practice reference.