Elsevier; 7th edition (April 20, 2023)
Abul Abbas, Andrew Lichtman, Shiv Pillai
True PDF (With TOC & Index)
978-0443105197, 978-0443105500, 9780443105197, 9780443105500
Basic Immunology – True PDF+Toc+Index
Meticulously reviewed and updated for today’s medical students, Basic Immunology, 7th Edition, is a concise text expertly written by the same distinguished author team as the best-selling, comprehensive text, Cellular and Molecular Immunology. This focused, easy-to-understand volume has been fully revised to include recent important advances in our understanding and knowledge of the immune system. A student favorite through six outstanding editions, this new edition uses full-color illustrations and clinical images, useful tables, and practical features such as Summary Point boxes, end-of-chapter review questions, glossary terms, and clinical cases—all designed to help students master this complex topic in the most efficient, effective manner possible.
- Emphasizes clinical aspects of immunology, including disease pathogenesis, the development of novel therapies based on basic science, and an appendix of clinical cases for real-world application.
- Contains new and expanded content on pandemics, COVID-19, and herd immunity; resistance and susceptibility to COVID-19; RNA vaccines and hybrid viral vaccines; tumor immunotherapy; innate immune responses to viruses; mechanisms of immunologic tolerance; and immunotherapy for autoimmune, allergic, and other inflammatory diseases, and cancer.
- Provides unrivalled instruction from an expert author team, all of whom are experienced teachers, course directors, and lecturers.
- Features a highly readable writing style and practical organization, now with fully revised content and updated images to cover new information and improve reader understanding of complex concepts.
- Provides additional online features such as answers to in-book chapter review questions and self-assessment questions.
- Presents information in a format and style that maximizes usefulness to students and teachers of medicine, allied health fields, and biology.
- Contains numerous features designed to help students understand key immunologic concepts: high-quality illustrations, practical tables, chapter outlines, bolded key points, and focus questions in every chapter for self-assessment and review.